You are here

What can my lawyer do to help me get started in Parent and Child Reconciliation Counselling?

The first step is to bring information about this service to your Settlement Conference or Court. If this service seems appropriate, the parents will either agree on participating as part of the Settlement Conference, or the Judge will Order it. Parties can also voluntarily agree to use this service and both are required to sign the Letter of Intent to Participate. The second step is to send the Minutes of Settlement, Order or signed agreements in to the program. Both parties are to contact the program on their own initiative and once this has been completed then the referral appointments will be scheduled. This appointment will include signing service agreements, consent forms and fees are to be paid.